How to use the Voxie Transcription Service and Uploading Large Files. You can get additional information at http://dictate.voxiemail.com
You can get direct customer support via email or telephone for our transcription service at: https://dictate.voxiemail.com/customers/contact
Q: How can I improve my transcription accuracy?
A: Just speak slowly and clearly. And if you are a lawyer or doctor using industry-specific words/phrases, make sure to pick a Legal or Medical plan. You can also assist the transcriptionist in spelling a hard to understand word or providing simple formatting instructions like "period, skip two lines and start a new paragraph". We cannot provide formatting such as bold, italics, or underlining.
Q: How do I use the free trial?
A: First make sure you have entered your email address in the "My Email" field in Voxie's Settings. Then record your voice using the Record screen (not the Express Mode screen). Tap Actions. Tap Transcribe. If you have not signed up for the service and put your username and password in the Settings screen, you will be asked if you want to start a free trial of the service. Simply follow the instructions in Voxie from there. The free trial is only available for the Voxie Pro app.
Q: How long does the free trial last?
A: The free trial will last for 7 days. During that time you can transcribe a maximum of 100 words. Once you hit the 7th day or transcribe 100 words, the free trial will end.
Q: Do I have to wait until the free trial is over before signing up?
A: No, you can sign up any time at http://dictate.voxiemail.com
Q: How does the transcription service work?
A: Your recording is sent to a professionally staffed transcription service powered by Quicktate. The staff will transcribe your recording into text then send your recording as you have directed. You can select for your recording to be transcribed and sent to you, a friend, or a contact. If you choose to have your transcription sent to a contact or a friend, you will also receive a copy of the transcription as a confirmation of what they received. You can transcribe a letter and have it sent to you for proofing. Or you can record an email and have it automatically sent to the recipient. The service is very flexible.
Q: How long does it take to transcribe my recordings?
A: It depends on how long your recording is, what type of transcription package you have (standard, legal or medical) and what time of day it is. The Medical service requires additional time because it goes through additional steps and we only allow specially trained operators to work on these files. Here is a rough guideline:
General and Legal - Short Recordings Submitted directly from iPhone: Estimated turn-around-time usually just a few minutes. Longer Recordings: Estimated turn-around-time usually ranges from a few minutes to a few hours. Medical – 24 hours.
Q: How much does it cost and how do I sign up?
A: Go to http://dictate.voxiemail.com for more information.
Q: Is there a long term commitment?
Q: How accurate are the transcriptions and can I really dictate a real letter?
A: It is very accurate, but no service is perfect. You may find occasional spelling mistakes. The transcriptionist will do their best to fully understand what you are trying to say. Unlike automated systems, you can give the transcriptionist directions such as "skip two lines" or state what punctuation you want. It's much better than automated services and you can actually dictate real letters and emails.
Q: If I have a file too large to submit for transcriptions directly from Voxie, what do I do?
A: If you receive a message saying the file is too large to send directly from Voxie, you can copy the file to your Mac or PC using WIFI Sync (VoxieSync). If you need help with this feature, go to this link: http://bottlerocketapps.zendesk.com/forums/25424/entries/15238
The Voxie Legal and Voxie Medical apps do not require sync’ing, allowing larger files to be sent directly from the iPhone. For more information, visit https://dictate.voxiemail.com/
Q: After I copy a large file from my computer using WIFI Sync (VoxieSync), can I upload it for transcription?
A: Yes, if you have a Voxiemail Transcription account, you can upload your files for professional transcription as follows:
1. Go to this link: http://dictate.voxiemail.com
2. Login using your username and password.
3. Click on "Upload Audio".
4. Click "Select Files" and choose the file(s) you want to upload. You can continue to click "Select Files" to upload up to 10 files at a time.
5. Click "Upload Files" and wait for each file to upload. You will know this is complete when the word "Success" is shown next to each file in the list.
6. Your files will be transcribed and sent to you when complete. Please remember that longer files take more time.
Q: What can you tell me about large files?
A: Here are a few more things you should know if you record large files:
1. Make your audio files as small as possible by making sure you have selected "Normal" under Audio Settings on the Voxie Settings page.
2. A 4-5 minute recording will create a 5MB audio file. This is the maximum that Voxie can send wirelessly to the Voxie service for immediately handling. We impose this limit because files that are larger than this can easily overload the mobile network and cause the file to not be sent. And, depending on the speed of your internet connection, it may take several minutes to upload. Smaller files go much quicker. But if you don't want to wait, you can always copy those files to your computer and upload them. This also avoids any issues with your cell phone dropping its connection in the middle of sending a large file.
3. Files larger than 5MB must first be copied to your computer, then you can email them into us for us to transcribe for you.
4. Again, the Voxie Legal and Voxie Medical apps allow you to send larger files directly from your iPhone.
Note that your pricing is determined by your Plan, rather than the App you are using.
Q: What if I forgot my username or password?
A: Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive. If you enter the wrong username or password in the Settings screen of Voxie, your transcription requests will not be processed and you may receive an alert email instead. Use the following instructions to get the right information so you can enter it in the Voxie Settings screen:
1. TRY TO LOGIN TO THE WEBSITE TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE RIGHT USERNAME AND PASSWORD: First try to login to http://dictate.voxiemail.com using the username and password that you believe you used when signing up. When you signed up you entered a username, a password and an email address. If you are able to remember the username and password and successfully login, then you should launch Voxie, go to the Settings screen and enter this same username and password in the Transcription information area. Then you should send a test transcription to yourself to confirm the system is now recognizing you as a registered user. 2. IF YOU FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD ONLY: If you are unable to log into the site in #1 above because you can't remember your password, click "Forgot your Password?" near the bottom of the login screen. Enter your username and email address you selected when you signed up. You will receive an email alerting you that your password has been reset and what your new password is. Launch Voxie, go to the Settings screen and enter your username and new password in the Transcription information area. Then you should send a test transcription to yourself to confirm the system is now recognizing you as a registered user. IF YOU FORGOT YOUR USERNAME ONLY: However, if you have forgotten your username but remember your password, then you should first click "Forgot your username?" Enter the email you selected when you signed up. You will receive an email reminding you what your username is. If you remember your password you can now launch Voxie, go to the Settings screen and enter this same username and password in the Transcription information area. Then you should send a test transcription to yourself to confirm the system is now recognizing you as a registered user. IF YOU FORGOT BOTH YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD: First you need to retrieve your username. On the Login screen, click "Forgot your Password?", then click "Forgot your username?". Enter the email address you selected when you signed up. You will receive an email reminding you what your username is. Once you get your username, go back to the login screen and click "Forgot your Password?". Enter the username you just got plus the email address you selected when you signed up. You will receive an email alerting you that your password has been reset and what your new password is. Launch Voxie, go to the Settings screen and enter your username and new password in the Transcription information area. Then you should send a test transcription to yourself to confirm the system is now recognizing you as a registered user. 3. VERY IMPORTANT!!!! ALWAYS TEST YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ON THE WEBSITE TO MAKE SURE IT'S RIGHT: Even if you THINK you remember your username and password, it is best to make sure you have it right by attempting to log into http://dictate.voxiemail.com. If you cannot log into that website using your username and password, then you don't have the right information and should not enter this into Voxie's Settings screen. Save yourself the time and hassle of not getting your transcriptions by confirming you have the right username and password.
Q: I still need help. Can I talk to a real person?
A: Yes, if you are a transcription customer, you can contact the transcription support group directly at: 866-995-6000 or at https://dictate.voxiemail.com/customers/contact.
Q: How do I cancel my transcription account if I no longer need it?
A. You may either cancel or change your account to Pay-as-you-Go. Please make sure follow proper procedures at https://dictate.voxiemail.com/pages/terms