If you can't hear the audio when playing back a recording, check these things:
1. Make sure you are using Voxie 1.5.1. In Voxie, click on Settings, then About. The version number is displayed there. If not 1.5.1, you can download 1.5.1 for free from the App Store.
2. Make sure you don't have your iPhone set to silence/vibrate. 99% of the time, this is the issue our customers have. We do this so they don't inadvertently disturb a meeting.
3. Make sure to turn up the volume on your iPod / iPhone.
4. Use your headset if it's plugged in, or unplug your headset to use the speakers built into your iPhone.
5. Remember that you must use an external mic on a 1st and 2nd gen iPod Touch. The 2nd gen iPod Touch can use the Apple earbuds with integrated microphone. The 1st gen iPod Touch must use a mic that connects via the docking port (not the headphone jack) and must have the 2.2 operating system installed.
6. If all else fails it could be the following known bug on your iPhone (and not related to any particular app): A customer found a reference to this problem on the iPhone on EverythingiCafe. They noticed that other apps were also not making sounds properly. The solution was to reset all settings on the iPhone. This is done by going to "Settings", then "General", then "Reset", then "Reset All Settings". However, after you do this, you will need to redo all your settings such as the connection to your network, ring tone, etc.
Thanks for supporting Voxie.